Anna University recruitment multiple professor vacancies January 2014: Anna University invites application for citizens of India for filling up the Professor post in Anna University such other candidates declared eligibility by the Anna University, Government of India to fill up the following various posts.
Name of Post:- Professor
Total no. of Posts:- 147 Posts
- Professor: 35 Posts
- Associate Professor: 41 Posts
- Assistant Professor: 67 Posts
- Deputy Librarian: 01 Posts
- Assistant University Librarian Grade-I: 03 Posts
Job Location:- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Last Date:- 29th January 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Qualification:- Assistant Professor in Science and Humanities: Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
How to apply:- Completed applications along with a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- in the case of Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of the Registrar, Anna University, Chennai and dated not earlier than 07.01.2014 should be sent to the REGISTRAR, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI – 600 025 by Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due or by Courier Mail and the envelope containing the application should be superscribed on the left hand top corner as “Application for the post of ____________________”. The last date for the receipt of the completed application is 29.01.2014 by 5.00 p.m.
LIKE govnokri.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- Candidates are required to forward their applications in the prescribed form, accompanied by copies of degree certificate and other academic distinctions, transfer certificate from the Institution last studied, reprints of publications, evidence of age, professional experience, present position, and salary drawn.
- If a qualified and suitable woman candidate belonging to SC, ST, MBC/DNC, BC or GT is not available for selection for appointment against the vacancy reserved for women in the advertisement it shall go to a male candidate within the respective category, who is eligible and found suitable for the post by the selection committee.
- If no qualified and suitable destitute widow is available, the turn so set apart for destitute widow shall go to the women (other than destitute widow) belonging to the respective category.
- If no qualified and suitable candidates belonging to SC (Arunthathiyar) are available the seat reserved for SC(A) will be filled up by other SC members on merit basis.
- Applications incomplete in any respect and those received after the due date will be rejected.
- Applications from persons who do not possess the minimum prescribed qualification for the post will be summarily rejected.
- Interim correspondence in connection with the application will not be entertained.
- Appointment on deputation basis will not be considered under any circumstances.
- In case, the number of applications received is 5 times more than the number of vacancies, a test will be conducted, to shortlist the candidates.
- Applicants should be prepared to come for a test and interview / interview at Chennai at their own cost.
- Requests for change of date of test / interview will not be considered.
- Candidates will be asked to give a short lecture as a part of interview in order to judge the communication skills and presentation capabilities.
- The decision of the Syndicate on the recommendation of the Selection Committee shall be final and no appeal or correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- If the interview for any post notified above could not be conducted by the University for any reasons, the cost of application shall be refunded to the candidates concerned.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
We are trying our best to make job search more simple and clear, kindly let us know if you have any suggestion for us, we will be more then happy to work on that.