Recruitment rally will be conducted in the districts of Assam for selection of candidates for appointment as AB Constables against 6748 numbers of vacant posts in the Pay Band Rs. 5200-20,200/-, Grade pay Rs. 2200/-per month, plus other allowances as admissible under the rules. Applications are invited to fill up 6748 posts. The date and venue of physical test and Written Test would be intimated in due course of time by various means and through the Assam Police website www.assampolice.gov.in. Online or paper applications will be received with effect from 26th Dec, 2014. The last date for receipt of applications will be 25th January, 2015. Application submitted or received after the last date will not be entertained..
Name of Post:- Constable
Eligibility:- 10th Pass
Job Location:- Assam
Pay Scale:- Rs. 5200 – 20200/- Per Month
Last Date:- 25th January 2015
Hiring Process:- Written Test, PST
Total no. of Posts:- 6748 Posts
Age Limit:- 18 to 25 years as on 1st January of 2014 (that is, the candidate must be born on or before 01.01.1996 and after 01.01.1989).
Qualification:- HSLC or Class X passed from a recognized Board.
Selection Procedure:- Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respect will have to undergo the Physical Standards Tests (PST) and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET).
Age Relaxation:- Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to SC, ST(P) and ST(H) and 3 years in respect of trained Home Guards who have served for a period of 3(three) years or more.
NOTE: The date of birth accepted by the SLPRB will be as per Birth Certificate issued by competent authority or date of birth entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate issued by a recognized Board. No other document relating to age such as horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
Application Fee:- There is no application fee
How to apply:- Applicants will apply online through the Assam Police Website www.assampolice.gov.in. Candidates can also submit paper applications in Standard application form at the office of the Superintendent of Police of the district from which the candidates wish to appear in the Selection Tests. Online applicants can choose the district mentioned either in the permanent address or in the present address as the district from where the candidate will appear in the Selection Tests.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
District wise Distribution of Vacancies:-
- Dhubri – 428 Posts
- Kamrup(M) – 238 Posts
- Tinsukia – 289 Posts
- Lakhimpur- 229 Posts
- Goalpara – 221 Posts
- Kamrup(R) – 332 Posts
- Dibrugarh – 292 Posts
- Golaghat – 232 Posts
- Bongaigaon – 162 Posts
- Morigaon – 210 Posts
- Cachar – 381 Posts
- Udalguri – 183 Posts
- Barpeta – 372 Posts
- Nagaon – 620 Posts
- Karimganj – 270 Posts
- Dhemaji – 150 Posts
- Nalbari – 169 Posts
- Karbi Anglong – 146 Posts
- Hailakandi – 145 Posts
- Jorhat – 240 Posts
- Darrang – 199 Posts
- Hamren – 66 Posts
- Chirang – 106 Posts
- Baksa – 209 Posts
- Sonitpur – 391 Posts
- Dima Hasao – 47 Posts
- Kokrajhar – 185 Posts
- Sivasagar – 236 Posts
- District-wise Helpline numbers will be notified through the Assam Police website.
- No T.A/D.A will be admissible to candidates for the journey and stay during any stage of the recruitment.
- The select lists confer no right to appointment unless the department is satisfied about suitability of the candidate after a thorough medical examination and such enquiry and verification as may be considered necessary before appointment to the service/posts.
- Candidates have to appear in all the stages of recruitment. If a candidate is absent from any stage/ event his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidature will be summarily rejected at any stage of the recruitment process for not conforming to the official format/having incomplete information/wrong information/ incomplete requisite certificate / misrepresentation of facts/ impersonation.
- The select list will remain valid for appointment from date of announcement of the result for one year or till the date of next advertisement of similar post whichever is earlier.
- On appointment, the candidate shall be governed by the Assam Police Act, 2007 and Rules and orders of the Government issued from time to time.
- A selected candidate will be required to join and work in any District or Unit anywhere in the State of Assam. The district from where a candidate gets selected will have nothing to do with his/her place of posting.
- Appointed persons shall be entitled to pension benefits as per the pension scheme existing at the time of appointment.
- Selected candidates shall be required to undergo basic police training at place and time decided by the competent authority. They will be on probation for a period of one year which may be extended if required. Any candidate who fails to complete the training or is found unsuitable for the job in any manner during the period of probation will be discharged from service.
- The DGP Assam reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment process.
- The physical tests are strenuous and candidates who are in proper medical condition only should take the tests. Assam Police will not be liable for any injury or casualty suffered by a candidate during the tests due to any pre-existing medical condition.
- Fake documents/ false information/ misrepresentation of facts shall lead to rejection when detected at any stage before or after selection/appointment and shall make the candidate liable to criminal proceeding.
- Appointees will have to sign an agreement whereby he/ she will be required to serve a minimum period of 3 (three) years after being posted anywhere or in default to refund the cost of training and travelling expenses paid by the government.