MESCOM recruitment 2015 notification 301 assistant lineman posts : Online Applications are invited for Assistant Lineman Post from the qualified eligible candidates possessing a pass certificate of 18/24 months course in “Electrician/Electronics/Electronic Mechanic” trade from the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) recognized by the Government of Karnataka in Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited.
Name of Post:- assistant lineman (ITI, ITC)
Eligibility:- 10th Pass, ITI, ITC
Job Location:- Mangalore
Pay Scale:- Rs. 7950 – 16790/- Per Month
Last Date:- 12th January 2015
Assistant Lineman (ITC):- 150 Posts
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 7950 – 16790/- Per Month
- Qualification:- candidates should be 10th standard pass and three years lineman . electrician trade certificate approved by industrial training institute of KEV/ KPTCL/ ESCOM.
Assistant Lineman (ITI):- 151 Posts
- Pay Scale:- Rs. 7950 – 16790/- Per Month
- Qualification:- Candidates possessing a pass certificate of 18/24 months course in “Electrician/Electronics/Electronic Mechanic” trade from the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
NOTE: Candidates possessing qualification in other disciplines/branches other than what is specified above need not apply.
Age Limit:- The candidates should have attained the age of 18 years as on the last date fixed for receipt of application and shall not be more than;
- 35 years in case of General Merit candidates.
- 38 years in case of Category IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates.
- 40 years in case of SC/ ST and Category I candidates.
Application Fee:- Rs. 400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only) in respect of candidates belonging to General Candidate and Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB. Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category.
How to apply:- Applications should be submitted strictly through “ONLINE” mode by logging on to MESCOM website at http://www.mesco.in/. Applications will not be accepted by any other mode. The website will be kept open for submitting “ONLINE” Applications from 12.12.2014 to 12.01.2015. The last date for submission of application is 17.00 hrs (5.00PM) of 12.01.2015. Candidates are allowed to apply only once and application once submitted cannot be altered under any circumstances.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
Nature of duties:- Excavation work for pole erection or cable trench, lifting of poles and fixtures, lifting or carrying medium weight line materials, Tools and Plant. Attend to patrolling of lines, service connection works, switch ‘ON’ and ‘OFF’ street lights, replacing street lamps, climbing pole/tower for line works and painting works, assisting Lineman/Line Mechanic/Wireman for line inspection and maintenance works of the lines, attend to fuse off calls and rectification of faults on lines on the direction of the concerned authority, attend to Telephone Board shift duties and cleaning of equipments. Assisting other staff in the performance of various duties relating to the works. Maintenance of diary and records of work while in-charge of camp duties. Such other work that the head of the office may assign in the interest of the Board. Also required to be worked in shift duties according to the nature of works assigned with respect to their postings.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
- No person who has been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude or who has been temporarily debarred or disqualified by the Union or any State Public Service Commission from appearing for examination or selections conducted by it shall be appointed unless the Company after review of all the circumstances considers him suitable for such appointment.
- Candidates who obtain appointment by furnishing false information in the application are liable to be terminated.
- Postal address furnished in the application is final and all correspondence will be sent to the address furnished in the application. No correspondence for change of address at a later date will be entertained.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination but whose results are not declared before the last date fixed for receiving applications, need not apply.
- Before filling up the online application forms, the eligible candidates shall go through instructions made available in the website.
- Candidates are expected to know the criteria for claiming reservation under SC, ST, Categories I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB as well as norms for horizontal reservation under each quota prevailing in Government of Karnataka as on the last date prescribed for submission of application.
- The decision of MESCOM in matters relating to eligibility of candidates will be final and binding.
- Canvassing in any form for appointment will be a disqualification.
- Original documents/ Testimonials/ Certificates/ Records etc., shall be produced for verification with attested copy, only when called for.
- The Company reserve the right to cancel the Employment, Notification during any stage in without prejudice to issue fresh notification, if necessary.
- No correspondence or enquiries will be entertained form candidates about the status of recruitment process.
- For the candidates applied under category and selected, their appointment order will be issued only after receipt of Validity Certificate from the concerned Authority, irrespective of their selection under category.
- All relevant information at various stages of recruitment will be made available on the official website www.mesco.in
- The selected candidates will have give an undertaking on a stamped paper of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) stating that he will serve the Company continuously for a minimum period of one year from the date of reporting.
- GOK vide Order No: EN/115/EEB/2010 (part-II) dated 25.01.2012 has granted exemption from providing reservation to persons with disabilities as per section 32 of The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
- GOK in its Order No: EN 193 EEB 2012 dated 19.01.2013 has granted exemption from extending 30% reservation quota earmarked for women category in direct recruitment of Assistant Lineman.