Updated on January 5th, 2014
Punjab State Power Corporation Limited recruitment 1000 lineman 2013: Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd. is a power generating and distributing organization of Government of Punjab intends to hire Linemen purely on contract basis from the candidates who have completed 2 years Apprenticeship in the trade of Lineman in PSPCL / PSTCL (erstwhile PSEB) and have been issued National Apprenticeship Certificate for the same, under National Apprenticeship Act 1961.
Name of Post:- Lineman Vacancies
Total no. of Posts:- 1000 Posts
- General: 500 Posts
- SC/ Mazbi/ Balmiki: 125 Posts
- Backward Classes: 120 Posts
- Ex- Serviceman/ DXSM: 70 Posts
- Physical Challenged: 30 Posts
- Sports Person: 20 Posts
- Freedom Fighter: 10 Posts
Eligibility:- 10th Pass
Job Location:- Punjab
Last Date:- 16th January 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Age Limit:- 18 to 39 years as on 1.1.2014 ( Only in the instant advertisement for candidates in lieu of their having done two years apprenticeship). Upper age limit is relaxable as admissible under rules/ instructions of PSPCL / Punjab Govt.
Qualification:- Matriculation or equivalent qualification and National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman Trade. The candidates who possess higher education as Degree /Diploma in Electrical Engineering pass will be considered only if they have minimum qualifications as National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman Trade. The candidates who passed successfully National Apprenticeship Training Certificate in the trade of Lineman. The candidates must have done 2 years Apprenticeship in PSPCL/ PSTCL or erstwhile PSEB.
Selection Procedure:- Selection will be made purely on merit basis. The merit will be made as per marks obtained in National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman trade. The percentage marks obtained shall be rounded off to the nearest 2nd decimal digit for preparing the merit. No weightage shall be given for higher qualifications.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
ii) By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
iii) By 10 years to PWD candidates.
Application Fee:- Candidates need to pay Rs. 300/- for all category except SC & Person with disability, Rs. 150/- for person with disability category, Rs. 75/- for SC category with Rs. 50/- Bank charges for all categories in the form of challan in any Branch of SBOP.
How to apply:- Candidates are required to apply On-line through PSPCL website in English only. No other means/mode of submission of applications including manual/hand written application will be accepted under any circumstances.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- The PSPCL reserves the right to modify / alter the above mode of hiring as well as decrease / increases the number of posts advertised without any notice. PSPCL reserves the right to call the final selected candidates once put up on the merit list, as per the number of actual vacancies available.
- The candidate must possess the prescribed qualifications as per para-4 and 5 including 2 years Apprenticeship in PSPCL and reservation certificate upto the last date of online registration. The candidates whose results have been officially and publically declared till the last date of online registration shall only be eligible to apply. The candidates possessing the qualifications higher than the prescribed one will be considered only if they possess the minimum prescribed qualifications.
- Candidates serving in any department including PSPCL/PSTCL will be required to submit ” No Objection Certificate” through their Heads of Departments if selected, before offer of appointment for the above post is issued to the candidate, failing which his/her candidature is liable to be rejected.
- No service benefit of any nature of previous service rendered in any department (other than PSPCL) will be admissible. The selected candidates will be governed by PSPCL Rules & Regulations.
- Candidates are advised to keep the E-mail ID to be entered compulsorily in the online application form and which should remain active for atleast 6 months / upto completion of selection process, and no change in the E-mail ID will be allowed once entered.
- In case of any ambiguity/ dispute or interpretation, decision of the PSPCL shall be final and binding on the candidate. Legal jurisdiction shall be subject to Local Courts at Patiala only.
- No manual/ paper application will be entertained.
- The qualification, passing of Punjabi and certificates in support of reservation of posts must have been obtained on or before the last date of registration of applications. Any certificate issued after this date shall not be entertained. Candidate shall submit the attested copy of these certificates/ documents at the time of checking of original documents.
- The selected candidates can be placed/posted in PSPCL or PSTCL or any other organization such as BBMB etc. against the vacant posts of Lineman or any other post deemed fit by management.
- It should be clearly understood by the candidate that during the entire period of contract, his posting place will not be changed.
- The period of contract shall be of 2 years. The selected candidates shall undergo training of 4 months in various organizations/installations of PSPCL/PSTCL and in technical training Institute of PSPCL at Patiala or other places. On successful completion of training of 4 months they shall be allowed to continue for the balance contract period. In case the work & conduct of the selected candidates during training period is not satisfactory, their services shall be terminated immediately.
- Lump sum emoluments of Rs. 10,000/- per month shall be paid as cost to the company. No other pay/allowances shall be paid. The deductions as per relevant rules and regulations of Govt. Shall be made from the same.