Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Assistants in clerical cadre in State Bank of India. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one state only and will have to appear for the test from an examination centre for that particular state. Candidates can appear for the test only once under this recruitment project.
Name of Post:- Clerical Cadre
Job Location:- All India
Pay Scale:- Rs. 7200 – 19300/- Per Month
Last Date:- 14th June 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test and Interview
Total Number of Posts:- 5199 Posts
Age Limit:- Minimum Age : 20 years ; Maximum Age : 28 years (as on 01.05.2014). Candidates born between 02.05.1986 and 01.05.1994 (both days inclusive) are only eligible to apply.
Qualification:- A Degree (Graduation level) from a recognized university, or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central/State Government. Those who are in the final year of Graduation/Semester may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation Examination on or before 31.08.2014.
Selection Procedure:- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for test or interview.
Age Relaxation:- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
ii) By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
iii) By 10 years for PWD Candidates.
iv) By 15 years for PWD (SC/ ST) Candidates.
v) By 13 years for PWD (SC/ ST) Candidates.
vi) By 5 years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
Application Fee:- Rs. 450/- for General and OBC Candidates and Rs. 100/- for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS.
How to apply:- Candidates are required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. After registration candidates are required to pay fee through either online(using Debit/Credit card /Internet banking) or off line mode. After Submission of online application, take printout of the submitted application for and keep it for future reference.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on Internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- Not more than one application should be summitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/ appearance by a candidate in online examination and/ interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/ or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
- IN CASE IT IS DETECTED AT ANY STAGE OF RECRUITMENT THAT A CANDIDATE DOES NOT FULFIL THE ELIGIBILITY NORMS AND / OR THAT HE / SHE HAS FURNISHED ANY INCORRECT / FALSE INFORMATION OR HAS SUPPRESSED ANY MATERIAL FACT(S), HIS / HER CANDIDATURE WILL STAND CANCELLED. IF ANY OF THESE SHORTCOMINGS IS / ARE DETECTED EVEN AFTER APPOINTMENT, HIS /HER SERVICES ARE LIABLE TO BE TERMINATED.
- Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID alive for receiving advices, viz. call letters/ Interview advices etc.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his /her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the service and conduct rules of the Bank.
- DECISIONS OF BANK IN ALL MATTERS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY, CONDUCT OF EXAMINATION, OTHER TESTS AND SELECTION WOULD BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL CANDIDATES. NO REPRESENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY THE BANK IN THIS REGARD.Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/ forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of test and interview. The Bank reserves the right to hold any other test wherever deemed necessary. Admission to examination will be purely provisional without verification of age / qualification / category (SC/ST/PWD/XS) etc. of the candidates with references to documents.
- The candidate will have option to answer test questions in Hindi or English except in General English paper.
- The candidates will have to appear for the tests/ interviews, at their own cost. SC/ ST/ PWD candidates called for INTERVIEW are entitled to IInd class to & fro railway fare/ bus fare by shortest route on production of evidence of travel (Rail / bus ticket/ receipt etc).
- The new recruits must have flair for marketing and will be required to make customer calls and provide banking services, advisory services and cross sell products etc. inside and outside Bank premises. The duties involve extensive outdoor travelling. Depending upon requirement, there will be flexible working hours and working in shifts.
- As record for this project will not be maintained after one year of declaration of result of online test, the information/data regarding this project will not be available thereafter.
- The candidates who are already working in SBI in the clerical cadre are not eligible to apply under this project. The candidates who were earlier employed in State Bank of India and resigned from the Bank while in clerical or officer cadre will also not be eligible to apply.