Updated on July 3rd, 2017
ssc stenographer 2017 notification
ssc stenographer recruitment 2017 online application form has been released on 17th June 2017 on official website of commission. Staff selection commission stenographer (Grade C and Group D) exam will consist computer based written exam (MC questions). Candidates who clear the ssc written test will be called for 2nd round of Skill Test in stenography. Below are the details of SSC Steno exam 2017.
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Head Office||New Delhi|
|Job Location||All India|
|Name of Exam||SSC stenographer Grade C and D|
|Total Number of Vacancies||Various Posts|
The SSC stenographer recruitment hold an open competitive Computer Examination for Recruitment of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group “B” Non-Gazetted) an Stenographer Grade “D” (Group “C” Non-Gazetted) in the month of September 2017. Aspirants having required skills in stenography only need to apply. Admission Certificates for the computer based exami will not be issued to the candidates who declare in their Application that they do not possess skills in Stenography. Vacancies of Stenographer Grade “C” and Stenographers Grade “D” are in Ministries/ Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/ Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
ssc steno exam date 2017
|Starting date to Submit application form for SSC steno 2017||17-06-2017|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC Steno Exam 2017||15-07-2017|
|SSC steno 2017 admit card Release date||Last week of July 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2017||4th September to 7th September 2017|
|SSC Steno result 2017||Oct-17|
|SSC Stenographer skill test 2017 date||April 2018|
|SSC Stenographer Result 2017 final date||Not Yet updated|
ssc stenographer recruitment eligibility criteria 2017
Age Limit for SSC Steno vacancy: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2017.
- The upper age limit for the post of Stenographer Grade “C” & “D” is relaxable for Central Government Civilian Employees as per extant Government order.
- The crucial date of age limit is reckoned with reference to 01-08-2017. Applicants should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate only, will be accepted by the Commission for determining the Age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualifications for SSC steno exam(As on 01.08.2017): Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India, all the degrees/diplomas/certificates including technical education degree/diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for appearing in the Skill Test is required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/Higher Secondary/10+2/Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-08-2017, failing which the candidature of such Aspirants will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification.
ssc stenographer salary details
|Grade||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
ssc stenographer selection process
Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Computer Based Examination for SSC Stenographer vacancy. Candidates who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Computer Based Exami. Allocation of Applicants made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them.
In case where more than one candidate secure the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:-
- Marks in computer based examination.
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.
ssc stenographer recruitment application form 2017 fee
Application Fee:- Rs. 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only): Fee can be paid through SBI Challan / SBI Net banking or through credit/ debit cards of any bank.
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Persons with disability and Ex-servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Note: Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
how to apply ssc stenographer exam
How to apply: Applications must be submitted only in online mode. Candidate may note that only online application will be accepted at ssconline.nic.in only official website of SSC.
Step by step Guide to apply application form for ssc stenographer recruitment
- On-line application for SSC steno vacnacy will be available w.e.f. 17-06-2017 to 15-07-2017 (up to 5.00 PM)
- The Commission has devised a simplified format for the online application procedure. In the process candidates may register once and may apply for any examination conducted by SSC.
- One-time registration is the permanent database of candidates. The Registration ID and password provided by the system should be noted and kept safely so that it can be used for applying to any examination conducted by SSC. The registration facility is available to the Aspirants throughout the year on website http://ssconline.nic.in. The registered candidates may log into the system and can proceed for application filling. The facility of online application (including payment of fees through SBI net banking/ Credit or debit cards of any banks) available from 17-06-2017 to 15.07.2017 (up to 5.00 PM). However, Aspirants who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment to designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 18.07.2017 provided the challan has been generated by them
before 5.00 PM on 15.07.2017.
- The online submission of the application may be made at website http://ssconline.nic.in. Candidate should read the instructions in this Notice carefully before making any entry. Candidate should provide all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign. The filling of online application contains two parts: Registration Part (In case not registered earlier) and Application Part.
- In Registration Part, candidates will have to provide their basic information and upload their photograph and signature. On submission of these details, candidates shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the registration.
- In case, there is any discrepancy in „one-time registration‟ data filled by the candidate, photograph / signature etc, „one-time registration‟ data may be suitably edited before proceeding to fill online application form. The Commission allows editing of information like name, father‟s name, mother‟s name, date of birth, gender and matriculation, roll number only once after registration. Therefore, these fields MUST BE ENTERED / EDITED VERY CAREFULLY. Other fields in the „one-time registration‟ can be edited once before every exam but prior to submission of application for examination. SUCH EDITING IS ALLOWED BEFORE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION. ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED, NO CHANGE IN „One-time Registration‟ and Application data will be allowed.
- Then a candidate can proceed to fill online application with Registration ID and password provided in the one-time registration process. The application procedure is incomplete without application part. Application part requires filling of information about choice of centres, education qualification, post preference, making payment of examination fee, etc.
- To pay fee in cash, candidates should take print-out of the challan generated online after completion of Application Part and deposit the requisite fee in designated branch of State Bank of India and then continue within the stipulated date and time.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The Staff Selection Commission is not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non acceptance of any correction/ addition/ deletion in any particular filled in application form whatever the reasons may be.
- The application form without photograph / signature or with Blurred photograph / signature or incomplete in any manner will be rejected summarily
ssc stenographer exam pattern 2017
SSC steno exam will be divided into two parts 1st is computer based written exam and 2nd is skill test.
The computer exam will be starting from 4.9.2017 to 7.9.2017 for SSC Stenographer recruitment. Aspirants who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. Commission may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of Examination. The skill test will be of qualifying nature and the Commission fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
Number and Marks of question according to the Subject given below.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||10||10|
Total Exam Duration: 2 Hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy and locomotor disability wherein the dominant writing extremity is affected to the extent of slowing down the performance of the candidates)
- Question paper will be of Objective Multiple choice type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English except Part-III.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualifying the candidates.
Note: The Commission reserves the right to add an additional Tier in the scheme of Examination. Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator, bluetooth device or any other electronic/electrical device for answering any paper. Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/ electrical device inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such Aspirants will be cancelled forthwith. Such candidates are also liable for debarment up to a period of 3 (three) years
ssc stenographer syllabus 2017
Computer Based Examination
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision-making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The Aspirants will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade „D‟. The matter have to be transcribed on compute. The transcription time is as follows:-
For Stenographer Grade “D”: 50 minutes (English) 65 minutes (Hindi)
For Stenographer Grade “C”: 40 minutes (English) 55 Minutes (Hindi)
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments or authority. Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission‟s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centre(s) as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the Applicants called for the Skill Test.
ssc stenographer recruitment Reservation
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/Persons with disability (PWD) etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
- The posts of Stenographers Gr. “C” have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), Both Legs (BL), Blind (B) and LV (Low vision) as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The posts of Stenographers Gr. “D” have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), One Arm and Leg(OAL) Both Legs(BL), Blind (B) and LV(Low vision) as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.