Tamil Nadu PSC recruitment 2269 Assistant and clerk posts March 2014: Applications are invited only through online mode upto 05.03.2014 for admission to the Written Examination for direct recruitment against the vacancies for the year 2013-2014 in the following posts included in Combined Civil Services Examination–II (Non-Interview Posts) (Group-II A Services) [Service Code No.004]
Name of Post:- Assistant and Clerk
Total no. of Posts:- 2269 Posts
Pay Scale:- Rs. 5200 – 20200/- Per Month + Grade Pay
Eligibility:- BA, BSc, BBA, B.Com
Job Location:- Tamilnadu
Last Date:- 5th March 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Age Limit:- Interested candidates who are appearing for this post should have the age between 18 years to 30 years. For age relaxation please visit the official page.
Qualification:- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Economics or Statistics Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting:- both by Higher Grade in Tamil and English and Must have passed the Government Technical Examination in Shorthand:- both by Higher Grade in Tamil and English Provided that if candidates with the qualifications referred to in items and above are not available, candidates who have passed the following examinations in the order of preference indicated below will be considered for selection namely: – Government Technical Examination in Typewriting and Shorthand in Tamil both by the Higher Grade and Typewriting and Shorthand in English both by the Lower Grade. Government Technical Examination in Typewriting and Shorthand in English both by the Higher Grade and Typewriting and Shorthand in Tamil both by the Lower Grade. (iii) Certificate course in computer on office automation awarded by the Technical Education Department.
Desirable:- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification. (for details refer para 10 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’)
NOTE: Candidates who do not possess the qualification in computer on office automation conducted by the Technical Education Department may also apply. If selected they should acquire such qualification within the period of their probation.
Selection Procedure:- The selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates at the written examination following the rule of reservation of appointments separately for each category of post. (For further details refer paragraph 21 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’).
Application Fee:- Rs.125/-(Examination Fee Rs. 75/- + Cost of Application Rs.50/- (Rupees One hundred and twenty five only).
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to each post /Divisions in respect of post of Assistant in Commercial Tax Department separately. The Unitwise distribution of vacancies will be announced later as per the rules in force.
- In G.O.Ms.No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis with persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the particular communal category. Regarding the PSTM reservation certificate shall be produced / uploaded by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in which may be obtained from the Head of the Institution. (For further details please refer para 27 (19) of the Instructions to the candidates)
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and High Court of Madurai Bench.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- 10% of vacancies out of 30% of vacancies set apart for Women candidates in direct recruitment are reserved for Destitute Widows in respect of the posts for which the scale of pay does not exceed Rs. 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 2800/- (PB 1)
- Reservation to “Ex-Servicemen” will apply for this recruitment. If no qualified and suitable Ex-Servicemen belonging to a particular category is available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled up by a candidate other than Ex-Servicemen but belonging to the particular communal category.
- 3% reservation for Differently Abled person is applicable for this recruitment. If no suitable DA candidate belonging to a particular Differently Abled category is available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, it will be filled as per rules in force.