Name of Post:- Senior Scientific officer, Junior Scientific officer
Job Location:- All India
Last Date:- 1st January 2015
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Total no. of Posts:- 63 Posts
Senior scientific officers grade – II (Engineering): 18 Posts
- Age Limit:- 35 Years
- Qualification:- B.E/B.Tech. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Experience:- Two years’ practical experience in Production or Development or Quality Assurance in an Organization manufacturing Mechanical / Electrical/Automobile products.
- Desirable:- Minimum six months certificate course in German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese language from a recognized Institute.
- Duties:- Documentation work regarding procurement of Defence stores, Test lab management, Creation of test facilities and Quality Assurance of Defence stores, Capability assessment of probable Defence vendors, Indigenization, development and improvement of Defence items in liaison with industries.
- Pay Scale:- Rs.15,600-39,100 (PB-3) + Rs. 5,400 (Grade Pay) (T.E. Rs. 43,479/-Approx.) + TA and HRA as admissible, Defence Quality Assurance Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non- Ministerial
Application Fee:- Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card. No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is available to OBC male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
How to apply:- Candidates are requested to apply only Online against this advertisement on the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) website http://www.upsconline.nic.in and NOT write to the Commission for Application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below as well as on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- All candidates whether in Government service or in Government owned industrial or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications online directly to the Commission. Persons already in Regular Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity other than casual/adhoc/daily wages/hourly paid/contract basis are however required to submit a declaration that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the selection.
- The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the Online Recruitment Application on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Online Recruitment Application is liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must, if required, attend a personal interview at such place, as may be fixed by the Commission. The Commission do not defray the traveling or other expenses of candidates summoned for interview. They, however, contribute towards those expenses at a rate corresponding to the amount of the Second Class Mail railway fare by the shortest route to the place of interview from the Railway Station nearest to the normal place of residence of the candidate or from which he actually performs the journey, whichever, is nearer to the place of interview, and back to the same station or the amount of Railway fare actually incurred by the candidate whichever is less. Details of this will be furnished when they are called for interview.
- Commission’s contribution towards the traveling expenses in respect of those candidates who are interviewed at Delhi will be paid on the spot on the date of interview itself provided they fulfill all the conditions. In respect of those candidates who have been called to be present at interviews at places other than Delhi, the same will be sent by Money Order later on.
- The Summoning of candidates for interview convey no assurance whatsoever that they will be selected. Appointment orders to selected candidates will be issued by the Government.
- Candidates must be in sound bodily health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as Government may require.
- Candidates will be informed of the final result in due course through UPSC website/ Employment News and any interim enquiries about the result are therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The Commission do not enter into correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non selection for interview/appointment.
- The Commission may grant higher initial pay to candidates adjudged meritorious in the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.