West Bengal PSC recruitment 726 assistant professor posts February 2014: Applications in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other Nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. All posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
Name of Post:- Assistant Professor
Total no. of Posts:- 726 Posts
Eligibility:- Master’s Degree
Job Location:- Kolkata, West Bengal
Pay Scale:- Rs. 15600 – 39100/- Per Month
Last Date:- 11th February 2014
Hiring Process:- Written Test
Qualification:- For the post of Assistant Professor (in Arts, Humanities, Science, Social Science, Commerce, Education, Languages, Law) for General Degree Colleges at sl. no. A Good academic record, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade of B in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
How to apply:- Applications should be sent strictly by registered or speed post or under certificate of posting to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 so as to reach him on or before the closing date. Application may also be submitted personally between 11-00 a.m. and 3-30 p.m. on all working days to the above address of the Commission‟s office on or before the closing date.
LIKE InGovtJob.com on Facebook to get yourself updated towards latest Jobs
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed „essential qualifications‟ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/ higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. If required, the scheme and syllabus of the Screening Test will be given in the Commission‟s website later on.
- If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field.
- [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be furnished together with applications. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.